Friday, October 8, 2010

I don't really feel like writing today

I've had two long conversations in the last two days: one with an old friend, and one with someone who probably can't quite place my name, but that's okay. And let me tell you, it was refreshing as hell. I'm spending all my time in school and work, and though work can be a social experience, it doesn't offer me the chance to truly let go and be myself.

My circumstance may offer me a unique perspective as to how valuable that opportunity really is. Don't get me wrong, keeping to myself, having only my own wishes and imperatives being seen to, can be really fulfilling and useful for avoiding distraction, annoyance, and drama. But trust me, after about a month of solitude, more or less based on your own personality, riding in the car for an hour with my bud became equally as fun or more fun than what a full day Halo lan or beach trip would have been.

Really, though, am I just a slave to my own genetics? Humanity represents the dominant species on Earth because of our capacity to interact socially, and that brings us great pleasure because of the evolutionary advantages it provides us. The answer to this question is unimportant, I'm just resolved in the fact that I need to get out of my circumstances as quickly as possible, because I want to mingle again. Seriously.

Also, I may have a date-ish-type rendezvous with a cutie some time in the near (or far) future. But considering that I get an opportunity to relax and interact with people about once a month, I'm kinda pessimistic about anything cool really growing there. I'm just completely unavailable based on circumstance, and it is something I hadn't considered when evaluating the costs and benefits of going back to school.

But really, though, I gotta get back to my homework. As in, to prepare for the possibility of a date. This honey won't facebook stalk herself (am I doing it wrong?).

No comments:

Post a Comment