Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You know when people are drunk,

all they want to do is yell in your ear about how drunk they. Man, this is the most drunk they've been in awhile. They can barely stand. They are having so much fun and they still have 4 or 5 drinks left till they pass out.

Yea, well I'm that tired. I just want to tell you about how tired I am. I stayed up till 2:30 finishing a paper and had to get up at 5:30. My head is cloudy, my eyes are dry, I'm just kinda stumbling anywhere and can't finish a complete thought.

Being with many a drunk (or tired and whiny friend, as the case may be), I've found that these diatribes are not particularly interesting, in fact, if you've heard them more than twice a year, they get really fuckin' old really fuckin' quick. That being said, here are some unrelated and hopefully more interesting status updates that I should probably add to my bio on facebook or at least cycle through my statuses every once in a little while.

Though I think of myself as being totally intellectual and rational, I have my areas of vanity; I like to dress in nice clothes and style my hair so as to appear normal and attractive for a male.

I am profiting from the fact that video games are considered "retro" and "vintage" recently. I've always liked them, so while they're at least somewhat an "in" thing, I can enjoy a slightly more robust social standing.

I think a woman falling asleep on her man's chest is the most romantic thing in the world, and despite how chaotic relationships can be, those moments should be treasured by the parties involved.

For some reason, I no longer can memorize the lyrics to most songs I listen to. I listen to largely the same bands over and over and over and over and over again but I can't keep the lyrics in my memory, which is a shame, because goddammit if I don't love to sing. By extension, if I found the time and resources to practice, I would learn and cover a bunch of Tom Waits' piano ballads for love of their lyrics and beautiful, simple music.

I really love being so constantly busy all the time. If there's a bunch of social events and gatherings I do miss, there is the other side of the coin which I don't miss, and that is having a low opinion of myself based on poor work ethic and laziness. There are tons of things I'm learning about the world and myself that help me to fit better within my own life that I wouldn't be learning if I took it easy and relaxed all the time (which tends to be the false binary I live by, all or nothing).

I am lucky to have a job which makes just enough money to keep the engine rolling. The people are fun and pleasant and the management has been extremely flexible in meeting my needs so long as I perform well in my task.

I wanna meet this girl real bad, but I don't know when I'll be able to short of some kind of break, which is a long ways away.

No comments:

Post a Comment