Saturday, September 25, 2010

College parties

I went to a college party in Salisbury, MD last night, and while I enjoyed the copious amount of alcohol, and the cleavage, it reminded me a bit of why I don't seek out that sort of activity.

The problem lies in the masquerade. I spent several hours in close proximity to many people, some of whom were girls that I found attractive. While there was certainly social interaction, I didn't really get a sense of any of their personalities, and they certainly didn't get to know me. Everyone had their "game face" on, and college parties are always a place where people bring out their game face.

So despite how I project myself on the interwebz, nobody at the party knows anything about me:
-I love video games, I follow competitive meta games even when I'm not playing
-I love comedy, and comedy videos, I tried to start up as a youtuber until the camera disappeared
-I love music, particularly stuff with real passion and soul (cough, Tom Waits)
-I think that serial comic strips didn't deserve Bill Watterson or Calvin and Hobbes; in an art form consisting of dried-up puns and bad, formulaic style, he made the only comic strip deserving of any attention as "art," with excellent character, form, and true depth

Here's what they saw at the party:
-This guy just got a new haircut, and he's gettin' some fuckin' pussy tonight

I wasn't funny, and I didn't get any pussy, but I do love my new haircut.

Addendum: While I may have been bitching about the lack of exposure, it certainly goes both ways.

I saw a lot of cute girls and nice cleavage, but I didn't have the pleasure of meeting anyone. It's unfair to judge people by their tits.

No comments:

Post a Comment