Thursday, September 23, 2010

do you think you like girls too easily?

This was a question asked to me on Formspring a day or so ago. Now before you go off about how dumb Formspring is, I absolutely love the attention and try to answer every question honestly so you shut it right up, ya hear. I don't have time to talk about why humans, when offered anonymity and full access, tend to ask questions about how many different sexual things I've done.

Now to the question at hand. I could have made a short response on Formspring, as that would have matched its purpose, but I didn't feel that any one of my short responses could encompass the fullness of thought I've made on this subject, as I have had many experiences in the last 2 years-ish of falling fast and hard for several different girls.

In my (relatively) long relationship with my former girlfriend, I would not spend any social energy trying to be friendly with anybody but her and my good friends. I had love in my life, and there was no reason to really spread my wings and meet new people. So for those 3 social years in high school and college, I was known to be involved closely with one girl, and I didn't bother to learn how to be friends with women.

Since then, I've liked one girl, then another, then another, then the same one again, trying to ask girls out, hit on girls at parties, reconnect with girls I used to know who grew extremely hot, and basically I've been failing so hard on all fronts. I just don't really know how to talk to women when I put myself under the pressure of trying to make a romance happen.

I've learned a lot in these few years, mostly to be honest with myself. I wouldn't really change the manner in which I've gone about my search for women in this time, because I was groping in the dark to find not a person, but what I really wanted and needed. There are some important things about self-image and friendship and confidence that I never considered before this awkward time of being single.

So do I like girls too easily? Maybe in this period of my life, I've been throwing myself out there a bit too much, but that's just kinda how I do things. I certainly don't want to act like someone else to attract more people, because ultimately, I'm only looking for one. If there's someone out there looking for what I'm offering, and wants the same things I do in a friendship/relationship, and who has what I think I need, then it's just gonna happen. That's kinda how humans experience the universe.

That being said, I think sometimes I either send the wrong message about what I want or it might get misinterpreted. I might start talking to you a lot, or texting you, or sending a back and forth facebook message, and that's just me trying to feel you out, get to know you a bit better, see what you're all about. I might say or do some stupid things, but that's just kinda what I do every minute of every day, and if you like it, think it's funny, that's great. Just don't read too much into it. Other than the fact that I'm certifiably bat shit insane. Basically though, don't get all reserved and shit because you think I'm falling for you or anything crazy like that. I'm not. I just want to talk to you, sometimes about uncomfortable things. Because I like talking about things that are visceral, real, evoke reaction, expose human life.

That all wouldn't fit in a Formspring.

1 comment:

  1. "Because I like talking about things that are visceral, real, evoke reaction, expose human life."

    Right on, brother.

    ReplyDelete